OHS Answers Fact Sheets – Canadian Government Departments Responsible for OH&S
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
This resource provides a list of all agencies responsible for occupational health and safety in the federal, provincial, and territorial jurisdictions across Canada. The 14 jurisdictions in Canada – one federal, 10 provincial, and three territorial – each have their own occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation. The federal health and safety legislation applies to employees of the federal government, including Crown agencies and corporations across Canada, as well as employees of federally regulated companies or sectors that operate across provincial or international borders.
Approximately 6 percent of the Canadian workforce falls under the OH&S jurisdiction of the federal government. The remaining 94 percent of Canadian workers fall under the legislation of the province or territory where they work.
To access the fact sheets, click here.