The Barbershop Toolbox – Mobilizing Men and Boys for Gender Equality
The Toolbox provides resources for a “Facilitator” – a male ambassador for the HeForShe program – to start the gender equality discussion among male coworkers. The Barbershop Toolbox was created by HeForShe to mobilize men for gender equality in the workplace. The recommendations listed below can be applied to any Gender Equality Ambassador role.
A Facilitator (or Gender Equality Ambassador) should:
- Create a safe and comfortable space to discuss sensitive topics and personal opinions.
- Establish ground rules with participants to ensure respectful discussion.
- Promote reflection, participatory learning and present information neutrality.
- Be conscious of the language you use and your behaviour.
- Encourage participants to be honest and open.
- Spot future leaders and ambassadors.
To learn more, click here.