Integrating the SDGs into Corporate Reporting: A Practical Guide
UN Global Compact, Global Reporting Initiative
This guide was developed by the UNGC to help companies establish or further improve their reporting mechanisms related to the SDGs. It does not propose a new reporting framework; instead, it outlines a three-step process designed to entrench the SDGs into a pre-existing reporting framework.
Step 1: Define priority SDG targets
- 1.1: Understand the SDGs and their targets
- 1.2: Conduct principled prioritization of SDG targets
- 1.3: Define your SDG-related report content
Step 2: Measure and analyze
- 2.1: Set business objectives
- 2.2: Select appropriate disclosures
- 2.3: Collect and analyze data
Step 3: Report, integrate, and implement change
- 3.1: Consider general features of good practice when reporting on the SDGs
- 3.2: Consider data users’ information needs
- 3.3: Report and implement change
To read the guide, click here.