Guide to Gender Pay Equity
Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Australia)
This information sheet emphasizes the advantages of having a remuneration policy that incorporates gender pay equity components.
Some of the key components include:
- Provide market-competitive remuneration to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled employees
- Drive a culture where financial rewards are directly linked to employee contributions and performance
- Ensure all reward decisions are made free from bias and support diversity
- Improve organizational performance
- Obtain outcomes that reflect commercially responsible decisions on remuneration
The information sheet outlines the characteristics that make up an equitable remuneration policy, with specific recommendations for leader commitment, organizational accountability for ensuring that the policy is implemented, and transparency around data and data collection and analysis.
To learn more about features to include in your remuneration policy, click here.