Communicating Your Gender Pay Gap
This report aims to help companies effectively communicate and disclose their gender wage gap by describing an action plan and demonstrating a real commitment to act. The document lists “traps” to avoid and effective ways to communicate the gender wage gap.
Things to avoid:
- Quantity does not mean quality – overly-long narratives might signal insufficient thought.
- Do not lose focus on the purpose – provide value to the audience, not simply share any output.
- Help those writing to succeed– responsible team must have sufficient knowledge on the topic.
- Avoid action-plan cherry-picking – gather inspiration from others but do not duplicate actions.
Things to do:
- Take your time – invest appropriate time to develop a relevant, tailored plan.
- Think about your audience – consider the needs of internal and external audiences.
- Be action oriented – defining and implementing an action plan is a priority.
- Be realistic and transparent – credibility of actions and commitments is paramount.
To learn more, click here.